OTDR AQ1000 1310/1550nm, 32/30dB, SC/USC, WLN, VLS
The AQ1000 satisfies test and measurement needs in analyzing access optical networks.
- Wavelengths: 1310 / 1550 nm
- Dynamic ranges: 32 / 30 dB
- Size: 185 mm (W) 116 mm (H) 56 mm (D)
- Weight: 660 g
Intuitive and responsive! Tap, swipe, pinch or press. the high resolution, responsive 5.0-inch multi-touch capacitive touchscreen and hard-key buttons make OTDR operations simple and intuitive.
Simply pressing one singe button, the AQ1000 initiates an OTDR measurement, detects and comprehensively characterizes network events with PASS/FAIL judgment based on user-defined thresholds. The measurement data can be saved automatically if desired.
Simple and fast way to observe how the network connection looks like and make a Pass/Fail judgment of the network connection. The markers enables distance and loss measurements.
OTDR view modes
Traditional view with OTDR waveforms and event markers.
Simple, icon-based map view for easy interpretation of network events.
Long battery operation time
Over 10 hours!
No worrying about running out of battery power during your daily work. The AQ1000s high capacity Li-Ion battery will last for 10 hours under the Telcordia standard conditions.
Under 10 seconds!
From completely OFF to measurement ready in under 10 seconds!
Built-in PC and LS, and VLS
Power checker (PC)
Measures and displays optical power of incominglight for testing network performance.
Light source (LS)
Outputs a stable, continuouswave/modulated light for measuring end-to-end attenuationaccurately when paired with an optical power sensor.
Visible light source (VLS)
Outputs red light for checking continuity of launch fibers or short fiber trunks. Breaks and bending in fiber can be identified visually. (/VLS option is required.)
- Wavelength (nm) 1310 20/1550 20
- Applicable fiber SM (ITU-T G.652)
- Distance range (km) 0.2, 0.5, 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 30, 50, 100, 200, 256
- Pulse width (ns) 3, 10, 20, 30, 50, 100, 200, 300, 500, 1000, 2000, 5000, 10000, 20000
- Sampling resolution min. 5 cm
- Number of sample points max. 256000
- Distance measurement accuracy (m) (1 m + Measurement distance 2 105, 1 sampling resolution)
- Event dead zone (m)*1 0.8
- Attenuation dead zone (m)*2, *4 4/5
- Dynamic range (dB)*3, *4 32/30
- Loss measurement accuracy 0.03 dB/dB
- Reflection accuracy 2 dB
- Laser class Class 1M
*1: Pulse width = 3 ns, Return loss 55 dB, at a 1.5 dB or less point from an unsaturated peak level.
*2: Pulse width = 10 ns, Return loss 55 dB, at a point where the backscatter level is within 0.5 dB of the normal level.
*3: Pulse width = 10000 ns, Measurement time = 3 minutes, Sampling resolution = 8 m, SNR = 1.